January 12, 2011

MOVIE NEWS: Is "Idiot With A Tripod" Oscar Worthy?



So I don't know why but everyone and their mother has been sending me this video and raving. Maybe it's because I have a Canon 7D and maybe if I applied myself I could have made this instead of eating cookies and sitting on my couch during the X-mas blizzard. Maybe.

Either way, Roger Ebert seems to think this should be nominated for an Oscar. Should it? I don't know, but it's an homage by some intrepid Brooklyner to Russian director Dziga Vertov and his 1929 silent experimental documentary Man With A Movie Camera. Im not trying to tear down the dude's film, but Ebert's posting is pretty hilarious. ""What was the passage of time, start to finish? What did you eat, when did you sleep? How cold did he get?" As if the filming took place in Antarctica. Dude walked out of his apartment in Williamsburg, come on. Regardless, it's a good little film and while anyone could of done it, that guy did. I got no right gripe.

So in honor of today's snow day, check it out while I eat cookies and sit on my couch.

UPDATE: I am not eating cookies, sitting on my couch. Today is a work day after all. Here's a pic from out my window last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment