October 23, 2009

You Got Hustled, Son!!

So last night I was coming home from dinner with a friend and about a half a block from my house I got straight up hustled. Well, I don't know if it's a true hustle if you know what's going on.

I was walking up the right side of the sidewalk with three people in front of me. This guy comes from the opposite direction but on the same side of the sidewalk. So all three of us step aside to let the guy by.

With plenty of room to get by, the guy basically hockey checks me, causing him to drop his bottle of liquor. I knew what was up right away. He yells out, "Watch where you goin son!!" I started laughing, knowing what was coming next.

"Sorry man," I said.
"Sorry ain't gonna get me my liquor back, you owe me 31 bucks son!"

I kept laughing.

"What is it?"
"Don't matter what it is son, cost me 31 bucks."
"I got no cash on me, man."
"Well I guess we got a situation."

Then from behind me, a low voice said, "You better stop laughing boy."

That's when I realized shit just got real, son.

"Ok, I got ya. Wait here and I'll go grab some cash at home and come back," seeing if they'd go for it.

"A'ight, we'll walk with you."

Fuck.

So I pulled out what cash I had on me and counted out 23 bucks.

"I got 23 bucks, guys."
"A'ight, dats cool."
"Yep."

A couple of years ago, I probably would have done or said something stupid. Nowadays, it's not worth it. Plus, the guy was pretty hilarious in a Dave Chappelle sketch character kind of way. The big guy not so much.

Enjoy my 23 bucks guys.

PS -- In searching google image for a pic to top this post, I came across this ridiculous image that must be shared. Dude smashing a wine bottle on his face.

No comments:

Post a Comment